Mar 29, 2011

Do My Hair

There is a flyer pinned to the wall of my cubicle that’s been there for at least two years. It’s for a hair salon called “Do My Hair” that offers a lot more than conventional cuts and colours. It’s a blow-dry and make-up bar that has all you need to prepare for a perfect night out. A blow-out will cost you $35 and make-up applications start at $45, so for under $100 (and please tip your stylist) you will shine like a star!


The blow-dry bar concept has been around for a while, though Toronto was lagging behind and only got its share of fast-and-furious beauty in the last few years. Do My Hair is taking a step ahead of the standard concept by offering haircuts and make-up applications alongside a larger-than-usual product selection. DMH carries three product lines: Davines, Eufora, and MoroccanOil®. While Eufora is ecologically sustainable and MoroccanlOil® is said to be practically miraculous, I was particularly interested in the Davines products. Their Essentials line offers everyday care and repair solutions that seem to be perfect for a busy gal like me, who still wants to look and feel fabulous. I think I will try a few products this spring, so stay tuned for a review!

On Friday, I had a great experience getting my hair and face done by Jimmy and Renata of DMH! I loved my freshly defined curls and the way the style brought out the golden undertones in my hair. I was also amazed at how quickly my transformation happened: it took Jimmy less than 20 minutes to turn an ugly duckling into a swan! FYI, it usually takes me considerably longer than an hour to curl my extra-long tresses. I should also add that the style held way into the night and my hair looked great the day after.

I gave very little direction to Renata, who did my make-up, but it was almost as if she knew what I was looking for. I was given a perfect, dramatic, big night-out look with buckets of black eyeliner and seductive red lips. I was pleasantly surprised with the product quality – it has great staying power, doesn’t irritate even the most sensitive skin, and it comes in a huge variety of colors. I did use my own lipstick, so that I could reapply it throughout the night, but that was the only touch-up I needed.

DMH offers a wide array of supplementary services like hair treatments ($10), extensions, and make-up lessons. I am already contemplating a girls’ night out, starting at the salon for fabulous hair-dos and continuing with gallons of Cosmos at the latest hotspots in the city.

I am going back for another blow-out tomorrow and will update you with new pictures!


F.



product lineup





the outcome


No comments: