Sep 15, 2009

Canadian Opera Company-The Nightingale and Other Short Fables


Not too many people in our age group are Opera fans. I've discovered Opera for myself as a kid, when my mom used to drag me to the performances. Mind you, I slept through my first Madame Butterfly.

I've been a patron of COC (Canadian Opera Company) for 4 years now. I love going to the Opera, having a glass of sparkling wine, and enjoying the performance.

Because I get tickets through Opera For The New Age program ($20 tickets for patrons under 30), I usually get the worst possible seats, but who cares?!

I'd like to point out a very special upcoming performance-Rober Lepage's The Nightingale and Other Short Fables. You can read about Lepage here.
The only thing that I can say is that he is great! And it is a very rear opportunity to see his performance in North America-for some reason this Canadian-born director prefers Europe.
You can read about The Nightingale here and get tickets here.

I hope you will enjoy the show-trust me, it is something to tell your kids about!


Cheers,
F.

No comments: