Nov 4, 2010

GotStyle's Red Light Affair SS11

Images Fira.
The Red Light Affair was my last fashion party of the season. I’ve decided against the Holt Renfrew afternoon show that day, and focused my energy on getting to the GotStyle event and a B-Day party later the same evening.

After having a few shots of brandy at my moms’, we took a cab to 62 Bathurst street. To my surprise, the building was dark and looked completely empty. I’ve checked the date – correct, I’ve BBMed Capa – she had no idea…After 15 minutes of cursing and frantic e-mailing, we’ve realized the show was happening at the Amsterdam Brewery, 21 Bathurst. I remember the brewery being mentioned in the invitation, but for the life of me I don’t recall seeing the address. I am not saying it wasn’t there, but next time let’s make it BOLD and PROMINENT to avoid confusing tipsy and absent-minded bloggers.

 Another cab ride later we finally arrive at the correct location and walk up what looks like a huge shipping/receiving dock. The music is loud, the crowd looks interesting, and there is an oyster bar (and a chocolate fountain – it’s all about aphrodisiacs this evening). The dress code for the event was “wear red” and the guests look, well, colorful. I loved the red cords and crimson lips, but an all-lace tight red dress in size 14 wasn’t exactly impressive. I also loved the live band and the very cute DJ that made eyes at me…

We wonder around for another hour or so and the show is finally about to begin. It starts with an out-of-place singing act – in retrospective it looks totally alien at a preppy fashion show. Regardless, the first part of the collection quickly brightens my mood. I am not sure if it’s the smiling good-looking guys, upbeat tune, or trendy clothing – it all comes together very nicely. I’ll let you look at the pics and judge for yourself, but I definitely want my BF shopping at GotStyle… Same goes for the more formal collection that followed the casual looks. There was a dance performance in between, but the actual runway was much more impressive, and, frankly, much better planned. Me and Ruzanna were very much into an “if I were single I would take this guy home” conversation and the time just flew by… It was just so easy to enjoy the show, the informal atmosphere was perfect for the end of the Fashion week.

Very well done!


F.

Images Fira.

Images Fira.

Images Fira.

Images Fira.
Images Fira.
Images Fira.

No comments: