Jun 2, 2010

Luminato, Festival of Art + Creativity, June 11-20


Luminato
is quickly approaching. The festival is an annual ten-day celebration where Toronto's stages, streets, and public spaces are illuminated with arts and creativity. Luminato is a multi-disciplinary festival of theatre, dance, classical and contemporary music, film, literature, visual arts, design and more.

Last year the line up was unbelievable. I had a chance to see an amazing world class performances: Robert LePage's 9-hour play "Lipsynch" and a Cirque de Soleil free performance at the Harbourfront (both Canadian by the way), just to name a few.

The festival is happening June 11-20. My head is starting to spin as I look at the listings. There is so much going on around the city at the time, that it makes sense to start planning your activities or purchasing tickets in advance. The website has a list of all the events including the free once. luminato.com

As I go through the schedule, I'll try to post my own list of things to do and see during this amazing festival!
k.

No comments: