May 24, 2010

Montreal and More


Jardin Nelson



I am back! Well, technically I didn't go anywhere except for a short trip to Montreal. I am back to active blogging and sourcing interesting content for Fira&Capa. Expect new "obsessions", deals, and perhaps a bit more more pop culture.


I'd like to say a few words about my Montreal trip. This was an "anniversary" trip for me and Mr. Zaika - we've been together for thee years today and I sincerely hope to celebrate our 30th anniversary one day... But enough lyrics. I want to tell you about two wonderful spots I've discovered in Montreal.

The first one of my finds is called Jardin Nelson. It is located in the Old Port district and faces a lovely, pedestrian-only square. Both outdoor patios and the dining room are adorned with fresh flowers. The menu is fabulous - lots of gourmet salads, crepes, and summer-inspired dishes. Oh, and their Sangria is beyond anything I've ever tried before!
The second spot is called Cafe Gitana located at 2080-A, Rue St-Denis. It's an authentic Turkish hookah lounge that has a selection of fruit-flavoured narguilahs and traditional black and mint teas. I've been there twice in two days and loved both visits. Highly recommended for people-watching and relaxation after a long day of shopping and sight seeing.
More posts coming soon!
I.

No comments: