Apr 8, 2010

For the Love of Food and Wine

A couple of years ago I've suddenly realized that things I've enjoyed before don't excite me as much as they used to. I still like an occasional clubbing night or an all-hands house party, but I am much more into dinners, wine-and-cheese parties, and other quite social outings (or "innings"- I enjoy hosting too!). Whether it's a sign of finally growing up, or becoming a terrible bore - that I don't know. What I know is that my social experiences became much more diverse and interesting allowing me to explore things I've never even considered.

Last Fall I've attended my first-ever cooking class hosted by the LCBO. I enjoyed it very much finding the $50 price tag more then reasonable. The three-course dinner with wine pairing was light, delicious, and prepared right in front of our eyes. I wish the class was a bit more hands-on, but such classes are usually much more expensive (Calphalon Culinary Centre has some good ones in case you are interested).

The LCBO offers a variety of wine tastings and courses and cooking classes this summer. They are primarily held in the largest locations - the Kingsway, Summerhill, and the Bayview village. Visit their site for the complete list of upcoming events.

Oh, and when you learn to cook something exiting, don't forget to invite me and Capa for dinner.

F.

No comments: